Monday, April 8, 2019

The 100 Day Project: Day 5 Of Writing

                                                   Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.


Oh, empty us of self, the world, and sin,
  And then in all Thy fulness enter in;
  Take full possession, Lord, and let each thought
  Into obedience unto Thee be brought;
  Thine is the power, and Thine the will, that we
  Be wholly sanctified, O Lord, to Thee.
C. E. J.

I remember my first remission. In fact, my cancer diagnosis anniversary is fast approaching. It will be twelve years and everyday since then seems as if it happened yesterday. I've never been good at remembering events from my childhood and up. I feel as if I lose memories as I age, but not this. This, I can remember every detail. 

That first remission was amazing. I have yet to repeat the kind of feeling or emotion that I have experienced. It was pure joy. That's what I am missing now in my journey . . . the joy of the journey. 

There wasn't a family gathering that I didn't go to or an outing with a friend. Life was good, I was happy to be alive and I was very social. So what happened? I became busy. 

Well, I need to change some of those things. In about a month, Emily and I plan on getting away for a couple of days. Just the two of us with plans of doing nothing special just relaxing and taking in the sights. I cannot tell you how excited I have been over this little vacay of ours. I keep making lists of all the things I want to bring, the foods we will eat and the sights we will see. It's all there in my mind. 

It's funny, it certainly doesn't take much to get us excited, does it? A little trip. A couple of days away from everyone and everything. It changes everything.

Have a blessed day everyone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...