Monday, April 29, 2019

The 100 Day Project: Day 25 Of Writing

                                                    Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.


O power to do; O baffled will!
O prayer and action! ye are one.
Who may not strive, may yet fulfil
The harder task of standing still,
And good but wished with God is done.
J. G. WHITTIER.

No one wants to face cancer again after the first time. We are hoping that it never comes back, because once was enough. Yet in this day and age, we all either have someone who has cancer in our life or we are the ones with cancer. This monster has no preferences, it attacks everyone. 

It seems that cancer has become the most feared disease and I know many people who are afraid to even mention the "C" word. I am also attacked by some who believe just mentioning it brings it on. They claim that is why my cancer returns, because I am always talking about it. That is so like my childhood that it angers me. I have spent a lifetime of being told not to let anyone know what is going on in my life. If we were going through anything as a struggle, heaven forbid if we told the outside world. Everything was and is a secret. 

Well, I'm telling you right now I will never stop speaking about cancer. How in the world are we to help one another if everything is a secret? That's not God's way. 

Cancer is ugly, that is certain, but so is loneliness and we need each other when we face these struggles. I don't have the perfect answer or guideline to facing cancer over and over again. I wish I could give you a five step of do's and don'ts, but I can't. Every situation is different. We are at different places in life and each recurrence affects us differently. It does not matter how many times we go through cancer, each time brings forth something new from within us. Where I am at is not where you are and so forth. 

Although, I do believe that we need to prepare ourselves in certain ways, especially emotionally and financially. Healthcare isn't what it used to be and we need to save up money for that rainy health day. Emotionally, I suggest you process whatever feeling you are experiencing. Do not sweep it under the rug, telling yourself not to think about it. I rather think about it now in small increments than have it all thrown at me at once. Trust me, you will not be able to avoid these emotions. You will have to face them at some point. 

Life is meant to be lived. That's what I keep telling myself and to others. We need to live out our lives as purposefully as possible. Make it count, quality of life is everything. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...