Friday, April 12, 2019

The 100 Day Project: Day 9 Of Writing



                                                                  Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                  everyday is a journey.


Not as the conqueror comes,
They, the true-hearted, came;
Not with the roll of the stirring drums,
And the trumpet songs of fame:
Amidst the storm they sang,
And the stars heard and the sea;
And the sounding aisles of the dim woods rang
To the anthem of the free.
Ay, call it holy ground,
The soil where first they trod;
They have left unstained what there they found—
Freedom to worship God.
—Felicia D. Hemans.

Why does the weekend always fly by? I mean, I had such high hopes and instead, only half came through. I wonder if I hadn't slept in on Saturday last weekend, would I have had accomplished a bit more? Probably, but then, I need sleep way more than anything else.

Here we are a whole week later and it doesn't seem like this upcoming weekend will be any different. First of all, how did Easter sneak up on me so fast? I thought it was weeks away, but alas, Sunday is Palm Sunday already. Now, I'm really freaking out!

One week left before Easter and I haven't even thought of Easter. It was almost upon us. When? How? Tomorrow, I have to post a vlog on my YouTube for a giveaway I was doing. Time to announce the winner. Afterwards, I'm heading out to visit my niece Katherine, who is having a Girl's Party in the afternoon. By the time I get home, it will be evening. the whole day would have been gone. At least, I will be bringing with me her blanket. If you want to see the story behind that blanket, I did do a YouTube vlog all about it. I'm a bit anxious whether she will like it or not. She is crochet worthy.

The rest of the weekend, I need to take care of two things for sure. One, my bedroom once again has been hit by a tsunami. Actually, a couple of them. I would be horrified if anyone saw it. There is so much stuff there, mostly Ministry related, that there is a small path leading from the door to my desk where I can work from. I really need to redo this room somehow so it can work for me. It seems that the Ministry is exploding big time, which is good. I need more room.

Two, I need to finish my mom's blanket. Originally, I wanted to surprise her since she was going away for about 8 days to visit her friend in Indiana. I wanted to finish it and leave it on the couch so when she walked back into her apartment, she would see it first thing. A nice surprise. Now, I'm not sure if I can do it. She is coming back this Sunday afternoon. I will definitely do my very best. 

So much to do and not enough time to do it. I feel like we are rushing through these Holidays without fully enjoying what they represent. We are so busy being busy in preparation for them, that we don't truly experience them. We need to slow down. I need to slow down. 

HAVE A blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...