Tuesday, April 16, 2019

The 100 Day Project: Day 13 Of Writing

                                                                     Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                    everyday is a journey.


I will shun no toil or woe,
Where Thou leadest I will go,
Be my pathway plain or rough;
If but every hour may be
Spent in work that pleases Thee,
Ah, dear Lord, it is enough!
G. TERSTEEGEN




I like making lists. It helps me be more prepared in what is coming and organization settles me. I become centered on what I need on that list instead of the commotion around me. I don't over buy or overdo anything unnecessary. I love lists because they provide clarity and simplicity in a chaotic world. My mind can be muddled, but the list isn't. 

I also save every receipt, bill, documentation and actually have a huge manila envelope that I store it in for the entire year. At the end of that year, I go through it and save only the very important paperwork. I am glad in doing so, because it can become quite useful at times.

For instance, take today. The mail comes so I sit down to examine what has arrived. There were quite a few envelopes and one in particular caught my eye. It was the cable company. I was a bit puzzled, because we cancelled our account a few weeks earlier and even sent back all the equipment. I have all the receipts and confirmation numbers to prove it. 

They sent me a bill for the upcoming month. First of all, we don't even have cable anymore let alone the equipment to watch it. I called them, actually three times, because they kept redirecting me over and over again. You can imagine the frustration building in me with each redirection. Long story short, I eventually fixed the problem, but it wasn't easy. Again, they kept asking me why I cancelled. How many times are you going to ask me? I guess, it's inconceivable for them to think anyone would do so. 

Life seems to be more chaotic than ever with all these forces coming at us from all directions. I detest having to be on the phone about these types of issues, but I have noticed them to be more and more. Another envelope that came in today's mail was from Emily's old Union. That was another issue that had to be resolved. She left that job on December 1, 2018 and they were still charging her dues. Do you see what I mean? 

Here's another good example of why keeping lists and important documents on hand. Save those receipts and try to keep good records, along with good lists. Organization saves many, many incidents from escalating even more. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...