Saturday, April 13, 2019

The 100 Day Project: Day 11 Of Writing

                                              Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey. 


Not by the terrors of a slave
God's sons perform His will,
But with the noblest powers they have
His sweet commands fulfil.
ISAAC WATTS.


It's funny how a small change can lift one's spirits. One can rearrange the furniture in a room or change the curtains. Suddenly, it feels new and exciting. I've been thinking along those lines in reference to my bedroom.

My bedroom has always been more than just a place to sleep at night. It has always held a multi-purpose. Even when my children were babies, it was a nursery for awhile. As they grew, so did the purpose of my bedroom. When they were in school, it held all the materials I needed to be on the PTA board and a Den Mother. Everything was stored there in the corner of the room.

Children grew even older and became tweens and teenagers, I had a nice little second job working from home. There were plenty of Post Office bins stacked high next to my desk and computer. I loved that second job, but alas, it ended after a year. 

Now, my bedroom has taken on even more purpose. Three, in fact: I sleep there, I write my blog, Ministry work and supplies. My Ministry has really exploded and suddenly I'm running out of room. It has been five years already since we have begun, it's only natural for us to grow. 

I think it's time to redecorate or redesign this space so it can work for me a little better. There are several stains and smudges that need to be painted over, hopefully in a different color. Right now, it's a mustard color of sort and I'm thinking along the lines of a light mocha or tan. Maybe even rearrange the furniture. Who knows? Either way, this should be my next purge project of 2019. Let's see where it will take us.

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...