Sunday, April 21, 2019

The 100 Day Project: Day 17 Of Writing

                                                              Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.



O power to do
baffled will
O prayer and action
ye are one
who may not strive
may yet fulfill
the harder task of standing still
and good, but wished with God is done
J.G.Whittier

I often think about the trip to Arizona that my older brother Ted and I took together via the train. As much as I love the train, it wasn't that experience that made it so memorable. It was the time we spent together. We sat around and talked about many a topics. He introduced me to a gin and tonic, something I have found quite tasty. I've learned a few things about him that I didn't know until then. 

It's truly times like these that I miss so much and wish they could be experienced on a daily basis. These types of memories are priceless and not many people have them. I find myself extremely blessed to have them.

I am always amazed how many people I have come across who live life totally and completely alone by choice. Here they are facing a huge obstacle in their life with regards to their health and they shut the door on their family. And friends. Why? I have often wondered why that happens and usually to a certain type of person. 

I believe they have always been like that . . a loner, not trusting anyone. Their hearts are closed and cancer seals it even more. If they only knew what they were missing. How much better their life would become and fuller the heart would swell with love. If only they would allow to drop their guard for just a moment. They would see and feel loved. If only.

People will always be people. One cannot tell them anything. They are proud. They are unforgiving. They are hard. They are unmovable. I don't want to live like that. I need relationships. I need people who will love me and be there for me when I need them. And vice versa. Period.

HAVE a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...