Friday, April 5, 2019

The 100 Day Project: Day 2 Of Writing

                                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.


The lives which seem so poor, so low,
    The hearts which are so cramped and dull,
  The baffled hopes, the impulse slow,
    Thou takest, touchest all, and lo!
  They blossom to the beautiful.
SUSAN COOLIDGE.

It's been a real struggle to go into work every single day. I went through the entire Winter Season without feeling blue. I fought it then, so why am I giving in so easily now? What do they call it during this Season? Oh yeah, Spring fever. I think I have Spring fever. It doesn't help that work has been sooo slow recently. I am looking for things to keep myself busy. 

The key word here is push. I'm pushing myself to get out of bed. I'm pushing myself to clean out the pantry or do laundry. I'm pushing myself to go into work and not call in a sick day. I'm just pushing myself constantly to do something. In fact, I don't want to leave my home at all. I want to stay inside and hide.

I feel like my mind is so full of clutter and it's jammed packed in there. In fact, it's so full that nothing can seep through. It's just there, stuck and unable to move in any direction. Maybe what I need is just plain good old fashioned solitude in peaceful surroundings. Haven't you ever wanted to just get into your car and drive? The destination doesn't matter, except that long winding road leading to anywhere, but here. 

It's so much easier to run away rather than stay and face whatever is lurking in the dark crevices of our life. Maybe you're just tired. I know I am. Maybe you just want to be left alone. Me too. Maybe you just want to say please pass me by. Not now. Not here. Not me.

Breathe, just breathe
Come and rest at my feet
And be, just be
Chaos calls but all you really need
Is to just breath
e


Breathe . . .. just like the lyrics from Johnny Diaz song imply, just breathe. Close your eyes and inhale a deep, deep breath and exhale slowly. Can you feel the stress melt away? Just breathe. And just be.

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...