Saturday, April 13, 2019

The 100 Day Project: Day 10 Of Writing

                                                   Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.



With grateful hearts the past we own;
  The future, all to us unknown,
  We to Thy guardian care commit,
  And peaceful leave before Thy feet.
P. DODDRIDGE.

The day began well, really well. Emily was off from work, so we both got up early. By 9 a.m., two loads of laundry was done and a supper of polenta lasagna sat on the stove ready for later. The kitchen cleanup took mere minutes when two pairs of hands are working together. 

It's funny how on some days we can accomplish so much more than the usual routine. If only that could happen on a regular basis, but alas, our bodies and minds are made a bit differently. We wander. We can't help it really. 

That was my morning. Here I am at work and there is nothing to do . . . . again. For the past several weeks it has been incredibly slow. I have tried to occupy myself as best as I can by cleaning out my draws and my mobile cart. When that was done, I walked the packaging floor collecting plastic liner bags for my homeless mats. Already my little HHR is loaded with several huge bags of them and my room has at least three or four. Plenty of material for my mats! That was last week. Now What?

Again, my mind began to wander to places and things it shouldn't. Remember what they say about idle hands? Well, it's the same for the mind. It's extremely difficult to appear busy when one is not. So the mind wanders and  mostly we seem to remember the bad moments. The accusations. The separations. The arguments. The guilt and the hurt lay heavily on our idle mind.

We like to revert to the past, don't we? No matter how much we like to deny it and proclaim how modern we are by moving forward. We are so much better than the people who have hurt us, yet in moments such as these, we go there. We go back revisiting the hurt. Idle minds and idle hands are truly the devil's work, make no mistake about that. 

So I've been fighting it. Resisting these thoughts all because I have nothing to do on these slow days at work. It's funny, because at home I am so busy and the opposite is true at work. So I've been keeping as busy as I can visiting other co-workers, making lists or plans for future projects. I don't want to dwell in those bad moments. Don't go there, just keep moving, one step at a time. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...