Tuesday, January 2, 2018

December Days

                                                             Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.



In order to stay on the path
God intends for our lives,
we should plan times to stop
ask and listen for guidance.
Dr. Charles Stanley.


December has always seemed like such a short month. Not just because Christmas Holiday is in full swing with every weekend bringing some new activity or event. December also means time off from work for me. I usually save up my vacation and use it during Thanksgiving and Christmas Season. 

Honestly, I've been waiting for snow. I know, I know. You think I'm crazy, but I truly miss a nice snowfall. We did end up getting a very mild couple of inches. I have to say that it is very cold outside. 

This month has been very peaceful for me. When we are home, everything is done in a gentle manner even if things are going downhill. There is no anxiety or stress of any kind. We get plenty of sleep and plenty of time to take care of projects. This has been the second year in a row where I had all this time off. I have to admit I rather like it.

As this month ended and I went back to work, I'm feeling very satisfied with myself. It has been a busy month for me as I've finally completed some of these things on my "to do" list that have been there for years. Also, a new chapter unfolds as January rolls in bringing a whole slew of tests with it. I have a Ct. scan and an oncology visit coming up right in the New Year. 

The coming month also means my turning 53 years old. It's a good age to be or at least I think so. Whatever the year may bring, I'm ready for it. Retirement is just around the corner bringing with it a new life and adventure. It may be still around 4 1/2 yrs., but I can see it peeking at me and I'm staring right back at it . . . boldly.

Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...