Monday, January 8, 2018

Where Are You?

                                                            Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

O power to do; O baffled will!
O prayer and action! ye are one.
Who may not strive, may yet fulfil
The harder task of standing still,
And good but wished with God is done.
J. G. WHITTIER.

I stared at the question bouncing off the page. Where are you right now in your life? Where am I? Of course, it would take Beth Moore to have such a deep and resounding effect on my inner being. That question kept echoing throughout my day. As I sat down to write in my journal, the words flowed freely expressing exactly where I was at in my life. 

I was stunned. Didn't I deal with all of these emotions years ago? I guess not. There was still something left clinging to the sides of my mind. It wouldn't let go just in case I ever forgotten the pain. 

Why do some things take so long to let go of? We can forgive the offender and years can go by without a thought to them only to reappear at a moments notice. What brings these moments to life? Why now? Why at all? All because the hurt was so deep and so raw.

Just the other day, my friends and I were discussing one thing that led to another and another. Pretty soon we were bringing up past recollections of the same hurt we all experienced. We all share the same experiences just the people are different or the circumstances, but the hurt is the same. All of us are united by the same pain in one way or another. As we shared our stories, that same feeling came back, that raw emotions that brought tears to some of us. 

So where am I? I've not forgotten my past nor the pain, but I've forgiven. That may sound crazy, but it's true. I can recall every detail in vivid description, but when I'm done there is nothing left except an emptiness. An emptiness devoid of bitterness and revenge. Only sadness remains, because it should have never happened. 

We don't ever forget. We grow. We mature. We learn and we share. We help someone else going through the same pain we have experienced years ago. We offer hope to the hopeless, to others who feel they cannot go on. I don't know where you are at now and maybe neither do you, but perhaps you should find out? So let me ask you, where are you at right now in your life?

Have a Blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...