Saturday, January 13, 2018

It's Almost Over

                                                                   Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                   everyday is a journey.


Among so many, can He care?
Can special love be everywhere?
A myriad homes,--a myriad ways,--
And God's eye over every place?
I asked: my soul bethought of this;--
In just that very place of His
Where He hath put and keepeth you,
God hath no other thing to do!
A. D. T. WHITNEY.

It's been a hard week. The kind I haven't had in a long time. Up everyday before the Sun, heading out the door for appointments. Everyday I would say the same thing to myself in exasperation. Why did I make this early appointment? Why do I keep doing this to myself? Why? All because I didn't want to waste a vacation day.

Today, it was a Ct. scan appointment at 7 a.m. First one there, I reminisced back to the day where I actually took Petscans instead. Those were the bomb! I didn't have to drink that awful contrast. Uggh! Yuck!

They would insert a radioactive sugar into my bloodstream. You would have to rest for an hour, keeping any physical movement limited as much as possible in the hopes of relaxing your muscles. They don't want the scan to pick up your muscle tone. If there is active cancer, your body will glow under this scan. 

The test itself from beginning to end will take about two hours, but it is so worth it not having to drink that stuff. Insurance companies, or at least mine, don't want to pay for this type of scan anymore. They figure a Ct. scan will do just fine. Whenever I drink that contrast, my stomach will be upset for the rest of the day even if I drink lots of water. 

So here I am at work, barely moving. I'm tired, crabby and prissy. All I want to do is sleep. Still, I have one more day to get through and then I don't have to do anything, but chill. Whenever I complain about not being able to get through this, Emily always says to me; Mom, you've been through a lot worse.  She is right. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...