Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Simply Feet

                                                                         Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                         everyday is a journey.


Side by side
In the low sunshine by the turban stone
They knelt; each made his brother's woe his own,
Forgetting, in the agony and stress
Of pitying love, his claim of selfishness;
Peace, for his friend besought, his own became;
His prayers were answered in another's name;
And when at last they rose up to embrace,
Each saw God's pardon in his brother's face.
--John G. Whittier.


Lord knows, I could write a whole book on this subject. My feet have caused me multitude of pain. There have been numerous ointments that I have used, massages and soaks. Let's not forget how many pain relievers I've taken orally. I know all about hurting feet.

Even though my feet felt good while I did any of the above, it didn't have a long lasting effect. I guess, in a way, I was searching for a cure all to the leg pain. Of course, that's not possible. 

I do soak my feet quite a bit and have tried way too many of foot soaks that claim results. I have not seen any of these results to date. I do love four things I place in my soak that I feel do relieve some discomfort. 

First one is Epsom salts. They are really inexpensive and come in several scents like lavender. Epsom salts work great on tired and achy muscles. Good for swelling, too.

Second one is Apple cider vinegar. This is a favorite of mine. It's good for the same as the one above, but for some reason, I actually feel the difference.

Third one I do is use the flower petals from any flowers I have in the house. I only do this when I receive flowers and want them to last or at least, have another purpose. If anything, I feel like my feet smell nice. 

Fourth one is baking soda. Baking soda has multiple uses and one of them makes a great foot soak. Feel free to try any of these at your leisure. I think a foot soak in itself, is relaxing and comforting to our aching feet. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...