Thursday, January 18, 2018

Late One Night

                                                       Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.




Happy the heart that keeps it's twilight hour
and in the depths of heavenly peace reclined
loves to commune with thoughts of tender 
power like angels beautiful. 
Paul Hamilton Hoyne 



Late one night, I couldn't sleep. I tossed and turned in total despair. Have you ever had a night like that? I punched my pillows and tried to shape them in all sorts of what I felt was comforting. It wasn't so. So then I ended up going to the bathroom a few times, stopping by the refrigerator for a quick snack along the way. Still, that didn't satisfy and lull me to sleep. Well, maybe if I put on my essential oils diffuser, generously adding lavender. Nothing. A glass of red wine. Nope. Perhaps a Netflix movie?

By the time we actually find something that will help us fall asleep, sunrise comes peeking. Now we're tired? Now we're going to sleep? What? No!!!! I want to sleep!

Why can't we rest peacefully? Anxiety. Fear. Anger. Nervousness. Believe me, I've had plenty of sleepless nights in my life, especially if I have to get up very early. I will set the alarm and spend the remaining of the night getting up randomly checking if the alarm is working. Ridiculous, I know. I won't be able to sleep a wink, getting up constantly checking the time. 

Our mind plays tricks on us all the time. I hate those kind of nights, because no matter what I do, it doesn't work. I have an appointment tomorrow morning and I already know there won't be any sleep tonight. We set ourselves up for a fail just by expecting it to be so. If one could understand the mind, imagine what we could accomplish. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...