Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Inertia

                                                       Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.



 
O Light that followest all my way,
 I yield my flickering torch to Thee; 
My heart restores its borrowed ray,
 that in Thy sunshine’s glow its day may brighter,
 fairer be. 
 O Joy that seekest me through pain,
 I cannot close my heart to Thee; 
I trace the rainbow through the rain, 
and feel the promise is not vain,
 that morn shall tearless be.”
George Matheson

I've have a new word to add onto my burrow. INERTIA. What is it about Winter that makes one so tired? So listless and lazy? The lack of sunshine. Ask anyone how are they doing and they will reply that they have the winter blues. Amen. Amen.

My favorite Season has always been Spring and I think I now know why. After spending a Winter of laziness, sleepiness and inertia, we want to spring into action and be active. 

I have to say that this has been the first Winter in a long time that has actually seemed like a Winter. We have had some snow and cold weather in single digits. I am saddened to find that our generation of youngsters don't know how to play outside. I've seen one single child frolicking in the snow all Season. They have no idea how to play in the mud and actually come home filthy from hard play. All children need to play outside. We're producing another lazy generation.

Inertia comes in all forms. It's not just about our lack of sunshine, it also has to do with our laziness. How do we battle this? I don't know. I can only tell you what I do whenever I get lethargic. I make myself get up. 

Yes, make myself. I'll get up and take a shower. You would be amazed what a good and hot shower does for a person's tiredness. How many times have you gotten up for work in the morning all sleepy eyed and right after a shower, you're more alert? 

After your shower, do something. It doesn't matter what as long as you start moving. Go do your errands. Put in a load of laundry. Read a book. Anything. Once you start moving, you'll resemble a locomotive. You'll pick up speed as you go. 

Have a glass of orange juice or a cup of coffee to help you get a boost of energy. Even though I have given up coffee, I still occasionally have a cup when I know my day will be tiring. Not always, just occasionally. It does work. 

Don't forget to get dressed, do your hair and put on some makeup. It doesn't matter if you stay inside and not see anyone. dress yourself as if you were. We all can have a sleep in and lazy day with our pajamas, but we cannot live that way. People notice our appearance. Always look your best. You'll feel better. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...