Saturday, January 6, 2018

Much Talk About Nothing

                                                                          Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                          everyday is a journey.       



Long though my task may be,
Cometh the end.
God't is that helpeth me,
His is the work, and He
New strength will lend.
ANON.


Hello everyone! Today, I thought I would update everyone on the less important, almost trivial day to day around here. We have been feeling l-a-z-y around here! This weather is cold and the last thing we want to do is get up in the morning from the warm and cozy covers of our beds. There is a sun peeking through our windows today and we're glad. I found that our bodies really need vitamin D. I'm actually seriously thinking of looking into taking vitamin D tablets to help us along with our lack of energy.

We have discovered essentials oils a few months back and we are loving it! They're awesome! We began with just a few that you can see below. They are not cheap, but so worth the money. Eventually, I will do a separate post on our experience with them. 
Now we have become quite collectors and are searching for a nice rack to store them. Preferably, we can find one that we can mount on the wall. Our collections is growing! I love to diffuse them while Emily uses them in her tea, as oils to rub in or just dabs a small amount onto her skin. 
The other thing that has been keeping me busy has been my research on YouTube on RV's, THOW's, VanDwelling and even small Cottages/Cabins on private or raw land. There is a wealth of information out there, one just has to know where to look. Of course, it all depends on where I am in the future.
I have basically finished a lot of my larger crochet projects and have no plans to keep making these items as fundraising efforts for the Ministry. We will solely depend on God's provision. I want to focus my time more on making items for the charitable organizations rather than for people who donate to our Ministry in hopes they will make a donation. I also found that I truly have missed simply crocheting. It is so relaxing to me, right along with the essential oils. 
The picture below is one of my favorites as it depicts my grandchildren's visit to their library. Of course, the picture is old, but their love of books is still with them, especially with my Grandson. For someone who loves to read and collect books, I'm happy to see this tradition continue on. I have decided to spread that love around a little more. I pass them out as gifts for birthdays, Christmas or just as a present when someone is down or unwell. I always keep extras on hand for that purpose. With all the current technology available to us, we are forgetting what it is like to hold a book or turn the pages pf one.
Another thing that I have changed in my routine has been the content of my snacking. Yes, I love to snack, but majority of these snacks are very unhealthy. Also, since I love to stay up pretty late at night on the weekends, I get hungry. My solution has been to chop up all sorts of healthy raw vegetables or fruit to place in a bowl and I can snack my little heart away without feeling guilty. The one below consists of oranges, cucumbers, apples, bananas, strawberries and pickles! 

Emily made some Christmas cookies and I forgot to post some pictures of these delicious morsels. This is a picture of one of the two batches she made. The other one had purple and royal blue icing. Who doesn't like Christmas cookies?
Well, that's it for now. Stay warm and safe in your comfy burrows. We are expecting snow sometime tomorrow. How exciting! I'm finally getting a real Winter!

Have a blessed day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...