Thursday, January 25, 2018

A Story Of Two Women

  
                                                               Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.



Quench thou the fires of hate and strife,
    The wasting fever of the heart;
  From perils guard our feeble life,
    And to our souls Thy peace impart.
J. H. NEWMAN, Tr. from Latin.




This is a story of two women. The woman I used to be and the woman I have become. There was a time where I felt offended if someone remembered the woman I used to be. I didn't want to accept who I was back then and when I was reminded of it, I couldn't believe it to be true. I was never like that became a commonplace defensive statement. The truth was that I was that person at one time. 

We never really see ourselves, do we? It's hard for us to imagine that we weren't as good as we thought we were. I was a sinner, plain and simple. I wasn't nice back then. I wish I didn't do or say a lot of things back then. I can't take any of it back, but I can change what I say or do moving forward. 

I think that all of us have felt that way at one point or another. We have a dual personality, our twin, that used to reside inside of us. For some of us, they're still there and sometimes they come out when we least expect it. Usually it involves a passionate encounter. We may become angry or feel intimately safe to bring out that person hidden within us. 

I think the question becomes, how do you want to live your life? If you are tired of living as that other woman, you will have a natural desire to change. Our attitude affects others, not just us. The next time that demon wishes to emerge, think about the cause and effect it will have on you and your loved ones. If they do come out by accident, forgive yourself and move on. We all make mistakes.

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...