Thursday, January 4, 2018

The Year In Review

                                                                         Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                          everyday is a journey.                               


When we cannot see our way,
Let us trust and still obey;
He who bids us forward go,
Cannot fail the way to show.
Though the sea be deep and wide,
Though a passage seem denied;
Fearless let us still proceed,
Since the Lord vouchsafes to lead.
ANON.



It's hard to believe that the year is almost done. Like many years before, many changes occurred, some good and some not. We moved into a new apartment and neighborhood. We bought a newer model car with less miles. Emily got a new  job next to mine. We went to a mega Church. I began my remission. . . .again. All of these things were changes for the better. 

Some things weren't as good. The distance away from our friends has proved too far. We haven't entertained at all since moving here. The amount of people that actually came over one can add on one hand. Mostly because of Emily's and my work schedule. I may be working during the week, but Emily works also on the weekends. It's hard to find a Saturday or a Sunday where we are both home. 

Funny thing about stepping out in bold faith, once you do it, it builds confidence. Suddenly, we want more boldness and we're not so afraid anymore, we just step out. I can see that happening in Emily and I believe this year will define her as a grown woman of God. 

As for myself, I find myself reflecting quite a bit about the past year. How can I define it? What word would describe it? Wonderful! We had a good year, especially for me. I actually saw us move forward as individuals, growing in our character. As I move into the New Year, I'm ready to embrace life. Whatever God has in store for me, I will accept. I have learned that no matter the strife or struggle, there is always a light at the tunnel. 

Have a Blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...