Tuesday, January 9, 2018

The Dreariness Sets In

                                                           Everything is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.                         



Judge not; the workings of his brain
And of his heart thou canst not see;
What looks to thy dim eyes a stain,
In God's pure light may only be
A scar, brought from some well-won field,
Where thou wouldst only faint and yield.
ADELAIDE A. PROCTER.


It seems I'm not the only one who has a problem of being tired and sluggish due to the lack of sun. So does everyone else. It becomes dark a lot sooner so the day seems shorter, even though it is not. Still the same amount of hours in the day, but it sure doesn't feel like it.

No matter how early I may set my alarm, that's not when I truly rise. First, I'll get up to just turn off the alarm. Then I get back into bed and turn over to my other side, closing my eyes. And I'm not the only one. My friends and co-workers all speak of the same thing. 

There is a part of Alaska where there is no sun for months on end during Winter. Can you imagine?  A place with no sun, but darkness all day long. I would never leave my home, sleeping the Winter away just like all the animals of the forest. Maybe we should do the same.

When I think of the pioneer days of our ancestors, their Winters weren't spent sprinting from place to place throughout the day. Their Winters were ten times harder, colder, steeped in double digits of snow and nowhere near as pleasant as ours. They stayed inside, crafting quilts and tools for the upcoming months ahead. We have become truly a nation of spoiled rotten brats. We have no idea of how to endure. 

I think deep down inside I'm really away in my mind somewhere living all snug and cozy inside my Tiny House watching all of this from the inside out. I find myself doing that a lot. As much as I dislike the cold and all, I do realize the importance of all four Seasons. I could never really be happy in a one Season climate. As dreary as it might seem, maybe I should listen to what my body is saying and take a rest once in a while? 

Have a blessed day everyone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...