Monday, September 7, 2015

The Announcement



When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.”
-Erma Bombeck


 
Earlier, I took a routine petscan for my cancer. Unfortunately, the scan revealed that I'm no longer in remission. Unlike the past, it has been determined that I undergo a hormone treatment consisting of two pills daily of tamoxifen instead of the usual chemo infusion.
 
Of course, this doesn't change anything. We go on as always . . . .God willing. This treatment allows me to continue working for as long as I am able to. The same goes for my Ministry work and this blog. The side effects are minimal consisting mostly of hot flashes, mood swings and swelling of the legs. Worst case scenario means blood clots.

This marks my fourth re-occurrence with ovarian cancer. As with the other three, I'm embracing this new journey God has placed me on. I wonder what He has in store for me and my family, so please pray for us.

As I thought about this new development and what it could mean, I couldn't help but quote Psalm 73:25-26.
As long as I have You
I don't need anyone else in heaven or on earth
My body and mind may waste away,
but God remains the foundation of my life
and my inheritance forever.

I couldn't have said better myself. Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...