Friday, September 18, 2015

Simply Tiny

My approaching retiring years have been on my mind quite a lot lately. I know I still have 7 years to go before I can hang up my Avon smock and I.D., but the planning going into my life after the work life needs some analyzing.

You see, I will still be only 57 and  a half when I can retire with full benefits. Now, I don't have to leave, I can stay on until the official age of retirement, but I don't want to do that. This is why my mind has been working overtime on ways that could make this possible.

I have been researching online watching YouTube videos on Tiny Home Living. Now, I have to admit that it looks real inviting from these videos, but I also subscribed to Tiny Living Blogs. I find this very informative since they list the pros and cons of such a lifestyle.

So far, I have finished reading two of these blogs from start to the here and now. I'm not sold. Maybe it has to do with what they chose for themselves may not necessarily work for me.

 So I have decided to really explore the concept of living Tiny, sort of like my simplification  cleanse that I began a few years back. I want to go a little deeper. Maybe, a Tiny Home or an RV/Camper. I'm not sure, but I do know that I have no desire to work at another manufacturing plant after I leave Avon.

If that's the case, I need to come up with a lifestyle that doesn't require a huge financial drain on me or maintenance in general. So I will continue researching and posting on my "Simply" series anything pertaining to simplification, getting rid of the excess and living financially free.

I'm so excited that I can barely contain myself. Now, I know that some of you may feel that I shouldn't be even contemplating something like that since I'm on my 4th bout with cancer. I totally disagree. I have no intention of ceasing to live out my dreams or plans just because I have a disease. On the contrary, didn't I say I was very excited? If I can maintain a positive, healthy outlook, it doesn't matter if I will make it to that dream or not, but at least I would be happy.

Have a BLESSED day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...