Tuesday, September 29, 2015

A Week In My Life Pt.1

Saturday:
I've spent the morning cleaning out some kitchen cabinet space as a definite re-arranging was needed. Plus, I've been very strung up on de-cluttering unwanted items so either we kept it, trashed it or donated what we no longer used. The kitchen walls look pretty badly in need of some paint, but then an idea took hold that maybe I should try washing them first. SO after doing a section of the kitchen, I was pleasantly surprised at how well they looked.

By early afternoon, sheets were changed, two loads of laundry done and curtains in the living room changed as well. Both the bathroom and kitchen were spanking clean. Did I mention I was up by 7:30 a.m.?

I, on the other hand was pooped and wanted nothing more than a nap. Emily was pretty much out of commission all day as she woke up this morning to a full blown allergy attack. After taking some medication, she was out like a light.

Dinner consisted of vegetable stuffed pita bread and some fruit for dessert. We pretty much settled in for a couple of episodes of Seinfeld while crocheting. I stayed up pretty late writing a piece for my niece's journal edition on Miss Marple, wrote a couple blog posts and some light reading.

Sunday:
Sunday has always been the most consistent day of the week. It's always the same. There is no sleeping in as we are up early and off to church we go. Emily is always serving somewhere any given Sunday. This morning it was in Sunday School teaching the pre-k/kindergarten class ( about 6 to 7 kids). After a day in bed, she felt much better.

Usually after church we make a quick stop to Costco or get gas. Come home, de-stress a bit while having a quick lunch. I dislike working out, but Emily has found an over fifty age group 15 minute exercise routine on On Demand that I do when home. Since I missed my workout the day before, I did two sets of 15 minutes each. Very proud of myself.

As supper cooked ( salmon, mashed potato and a salad), I tackled my closet, first taking everything out ( creating an even bigger mess). Not having much time left to re-arrange everything back, I opted to leave it for Monday.

More Seinfeld episodes, checked out the blood moon, crocheted and wrote a couple of blog posts. Finished the night off penning a letter to my grandson ( we're pen pals).

To be continued . . . .

Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...