Saturday, September 12, 2015

Life's Neighborhoods


It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood. Would you be mine, would you be my neighbor?

My children grew up on Mister Roger's and Shari Lewis Lamb Chops. I didn't have to censor any of the shows, the thought never even entered my mind to do so. One just knew it was children appropriate.

The more the world turns forward, the more I want to go back to simplicity in life and the rawness of nature. Minus the drugs and new age religion, I would have been happy as a hippie living on a commune doing my share.

I couldn't stop thinking how much the world has changed with each generation. My grandmother's generation completely foreign to my grandchildren's. Heaven knows how it will look for my great- grandchildren.

Ever since I've turned fifty back in January, I've become so aware of things like that. Things of importance and things of none. The way I grew up, my children and what the future could possibly hold for them.

I thought about all of that as I headed out to meet up with my ladies from the Ministry. I wish I had continued crocheting as a child when I first learned. I think I would have been a more peaceful adult if I had. Why did I put away something that has become  so meaningful to me now? Maybe, I wouldn't have appreciated it's worth back then.

As I sat there at the park awaiting my group, I watched all the children playing and mothers pushing their strollers. I felt for them, my heart so heavy. The world is a changing and the struggle is real becoming more difficult with each new generation. I have no idea how I made it through. I'm just grateful I did.

Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...