Friday, September 4, 2015

Seven Deadly Sins

Greed, pride, wrath, envy, lust, gluttony and sloth. The seven deadly sins. Which one are you? Yes, you. Every single person on this earth happens to be at least one of those seven.

Last night, I came home in a funk. A total funk. I listen to Christian music both on my way to work and back. As I belted out song after song, emotions took over and I thought about all the things I have been praying for, things not realized.

These are not things that are material. They are not wants. It's harder when we pray for others, because we cannot see the work that is being done on the inside, only what is being done on the outside.

So I became a little down. Walked inside and stuffed myself with donuts. Gluttony has always been my downfall. Not just with eating, but with other things as well. I over analyze things to death. I over react. I over reach. I over schedule. Everything is in the excessive almost as if I didn't know how to do just normal.

Even at work, I can't just do what is required. I work through lunch more times than I care to admit. If they want 3, I do 4. Over accessing everything.

After all is said and done, I'm full of regrets.  At work  on dayshift, there are two people doing the same job. I'm all by myself. When I over eat, my tummy hurts the morning after. When I over schedule, I'm perpetually behind. Why , why, why do I do this to myself?

Yet, we commit the same deadly sin over and over again. So I'm paying for it today. So I ask you again. What is your deadly sin?

Have a Blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...