Tuesday, September 1, 2015

A Church Nomad

God will make a way,Where there seems to be no way;
He works in ways we cannot see,
He will make a way for me.
He will be my guide,
Hold me closely to His side;
With love and strength for each new day,
He will make a way. He will make a way!
Don Moen

I am a person who sings loudly in Church whether I have a great voice or not doesn't matter. To my ears, my voice is lovely because I am singing in praise.

This past Sunday, I sat quietly not a peep coming out. Even when I tried, my voice would not rise. I realized that sometimes we need to be still. It didn't mean He wasn't there. Quite the opposite, I felt Him even more.

For the first time in a very long time, I decided to stop being a church nomad and make a home somewhere. I've been coming to this Church for three straight weeks and that's where I'm staying. This is where I will tithe and fellowship with others. A new start, a new chapter begins.

I have realized that I needed to get right with God for my prayer life to become solid and strong. Now I always knew what I was doing wrong and yet  did nothing about it. Why? Because I categorized my wrong as a tiny sin. Is there such a thing?

Absolutely not! Sin is sin. If it quacks like a duck, walks like a duck, looks like a duck. . . .it's a duck! Sin is sin.

Looking in the mirror and acknowledging our faults can be difficult to admit and even see ourselves in that light, but we cannot move forward unless we accept the consequences of our actions. We need to examine our part in why it all went wrong and determine the best cause of action. How else will we learn from them?

Everyday is a lesson. Everyday is a new journey. Have a Blessed day everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Church nomad. Been there. Not fun. For me to move forward involved a depth of forgiveness I hadn't yet come to. Had to name it and seek it from the Lord. Lots of encouragement and love helped me break through, Lottie. As others did for me, I give to you that same encouragement and love. God is holding on to you. I hope you have found a new church home, where you can grow and thrive. Your sister in Christ. Maureen

    ReplyDelete

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...