Wednesday, September 16, 2015

What's A-Happening On The Avenue

Many things have been going on even though nothing seems to have changed. I am obsessed with the Tiny House. I have been watching YouTube videos of Tiny Home living, even subscribing to blogs and newsletters. I am very serious about this type of living when I leave Avon, but before I go forward, I need to check all aspects of it. Next will be checking different locations that I can actually place my Tiny House on.

Why am I interested in Tiny Living? Well, it stems from having a desire to live simply. I can retire with full benefits in 7 years. I will be only 57 years old and I have no desire to work in another factory setting. I want the money I have to last me by living simpler. Besides, I want to spend the time I have left enjoying the people in my life and my Ministry. Stayed tuned for more regarding this exciting adventure.

The Ministry has been meeting regularly during the Summer months at various parks. It has been awesome! I think this shall be our regular thing in the warm months of the year. The ladies really seemed to enjoy being in the open air  sitting picnic style under a beautiful tree. Not to mention, any children that come can run around playing. It's funny because it was a whim of an idea, one that has turned out wonderfully.

As the Season changes, I'm looking forward to a more quiet lifestyle as the cold front approaches. Summer has always been about running around and being very outdoorsy. The Fall is about preparation and Winter is relaxation. Spring has always represented cleaning to me. Every Fall we make a list of things we need to stock up for the cold months ahead. The last thing I want to do is run out in the middle of a storm because I'm out of cold medicine or something similar.

Having used majority of my vacation time to see a dentist and my oncologist has really shortened my time off. I've always been able to take off an entire week at a time. That's something I'm really missing. I find that I cannot totally unplug and recharge with just a three day. It's enough to get some things done, but not enough for "me" time. Every weekend seems to be filled with gatherings  or just completing a to do list. Oh, how I would love some "me time"!

I also have been experimenting with various literary projects, sort of going outside my comfort zone. How that will work out I'm not exactly sure. Time is so limited and so precious. It seems the world is spinning real fast not allowing us to take a deep, relaxing breath.

As to my roommate Emily and I, well . . . we have been chummy and living cozy. It's funny how we have progressed from mother/daughter to equal grown women sharing an apartment. One would think we should be arguing and getting in each other's space, but quite the opposite is happening. We have fit together quite nicely.

Have a blessed day everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...