Saturday, February 7, 2015

That Is The Question

Should I stay or should I go? That is the question. Have you ever been in a quandary on what to do next with your life?
 
I certainly am in this position now. At the start of the year, Emily and I began our usual fast, but we didn't get very far. We made a mental list of what we were fasting about, but then setbacks occurred. Our fast continued, but maybe not as intensely as we wanted it to be.
 
Or maybe that's why setbacks occurred, because of the intensity of our fast?
 
I know our goal was to focus mainly on God and His purpose for us. Other things happened, whether to take away from our fast or to test our Faith. I like to believe it's a little bit of both.
 
I am a person who worries. I think it goes back to my being a single parent and the responsibility has always been on my shoulders. There was no one else to help with the problems. So I worried and worried.
 
Letting go and leaving it at the altar is something I am working on. My focus shifts on whatever the problem may be and it's hopeful solution. That's not what I intended when I began this fast. I wanted this to be a time set aside only for my Creator. I feel like I have let Him down.

We are Blessed with the ability to start over whether we think we are worthy or not. We are also forgiven and loved no matter how much we fail.

So here we are in a new month, ready to face whatever may come, but we do hope it's all good. Wink. Starting over is a blessing so let's not waste it.

Will we fall? Most likely, but I also know I will rise up to try again. The whole point is not to give up.

As you can tell, this question of what to do next in my life is haunting me, but I think it may be time to lay rest to it. I need to stop pushing the envelope forcing the issue to a conclusion. Remember Sarah and Hagar? The last thing I want is to make a decision at the wrong time. Perhaps, it's time to let it go and see where God places me. I can always count on His decision being the right one!

Have a Blessed day everyone.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...