Sunday, February 15, 2015

Guardian Angels

Only God knows all the kindnesses shown to us during my recovery.
Excerpt from 90 Minutes In Heaven.

Wow, I don't even know where to begin listing all the blessings that were bestowed upon me during one of the worst times of my life. One thing I can say is that people generally want to help others in their time of need, especially family.

I have never felt more loved than during that time. There was nothing that my family wouldn't do for me. Everyone stood up and offered their services to help with my recovery. They simply loved me.

When the cancer returned the second and third time, all that attention weaned down  and I wondered why. I mean, they didn't love me less now than they did before. In certain cases maybe they loved me even more. Yet, the pampering and taking care  of me was different.

At first, I didn't understand why. Then one day, it dawned on me that they didn't change, but I did. They took care of me back then, because I couldn't. They took my load for me and they carried me through those struggles. That second time, I was stronger and by the time the third return, I was more than able and willing to take control of my own illness.

I'm sure that if the time arrived where I was weakened and struggling once again, they would fill those shoes willing. For now, they know that I am strong and they are within earshot.

Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...