Saturday, February 14, 2015

A Purpose


Is it possible that God took you to Heaven and brought you back for you to share what happened to you? Don't you realize what a powerful encouragement you can be to others?
Excerpt from 90 Minutes In Heaven.

That's exactly how I feel regarding my life, my cancer and my crocheting. I believe our contributions  here on earth to one another come from our struggles. Imagine all that knowledge we have , why wouldn't we want to share it with others?

I have no problem speaking about my experience with cancer. It doesn't scare me nor do I want to hide  and pretend it never happened. I've learned so much during this time. It has changed me for the better.

Whenever I'm out and about doing my errands or making my appointments, the minute a fellow woman finds out about my cancer, they're full of questions. They want to know about the how, the when and the where.

I'm only happy to oblige. How will we as women learn if we don't ask questions. The ability to share with one another and openly discuss our needs that afflict us all should not be withheld.

The problem, I find, is that we often do the quite opposite. As fellow women, we do not know how to engage one another without feeling the pressure of inadequacy. We are always measuring each other with other women.

Am I a good a mom as this woman?

She's so much more elegant then I'll ever could be.

Am I prettier? Skinnier? Sexier? Smarter?

We compare ourselves to the women we see on a daily basis. If we don't like the look of one, we stay away. We should be the opposite. Women should be able to freely learn from other women. We are our worst enemy. 

 I feel my purpose emerged from my struggles. I want to become an encourager to other women, especially the younger ones.  The last thing I want to do is deflate them  and instead lift them up. How about you?

Have a blessed day everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...