Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Bless The Lord

Daily Light on the Daily Path
Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Bless the Lord, O my soul, ... who forgiveth all thine iniquities; ... who crowneth thee with loving‑kindness and tender mercies.
 
There is nothing more satisfying than a great spiritual moment during worship. It's not whether we hear a good song or not, it's what we bring to it.

Long time ago, as a young baby Christian, I was like a lot of people out there who based whether or not they had an awesome worship time on the type of band or music that was played.

I  confess there were times where I left church disappointed, because that spiritualism wasn't as great as last week, because the music lacked a certain something.

Well, now I know that something comes from me.

I heard someone make a reference to worship songs the other day: They're not made for us, but for the Lord.

That changed my perspective completely. No longer do I judge the performance or level of pitch. It is up to me to turn up the relationship I have with God.

We take so much for granted as a human race. We  are such Israelites, always complaining, but never praising simply by saying thank you.

I've always considered worship time as an opportunity to show God my love for all He has done for me and my family. I sing my little heart out, not caring how off-key my voice may sound.

That is my favorite part of the service and for a long time I was missing that feeling. I'm glad that I was able to recognize the emptiness for what it really  was and actually be able to rectify it.

Once you acquire that relationship, you never want to let it go. Your soul depends on it. Where is your relationship with God? Are you happy with the intimacy level with Him? Are you looking to turn it up ? Just ask Him into your heart. He'll do the rest.

Have a Blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...