Monday, February 2, 2015

A Snowy Monday

The view from my Aunt Zofia's balcony.

As the snow fell into huge piles outside, I was glad that there was no work today. Unfortunately, not many can say the same. As I watched the snowplows come through, I pitied the cars parked out on the streets, some completely snowed in. The snowplows not helping the  situation.

That wasn't the worst, though. When the wailing onslaught of sirens could be heard over and over again, I couldn't help, but say a prayer. For all the pictures that were posted on Facebook of children playing, others were obviously in a fatal crisis.

This past month I struggled with keeping it all together and many times failing miserably in the process. It is so easy for us to get lost in our own problems that we forget that there are others far worse off than us. Another thing I failed in remembering.

There was a time when I couldn't drive past a broken down vehicle without saying a little prayer. The same whenever I heard a siren from an ambulance, fire truck or police car. So when did I stop? When did that person disappear? More importantly, why?
 
Somewhere along this past year, I wrapped myself in myself. My troubles, no matter how small or big, enveloped everything within me. Only I mattered and I forgot about other people's sufferings.
 
So here we are on a Monday again. Isn't it great that we can begin anew each and every single day? What a great opportunity to start over.
 
So let me ask you, how can I pray for you today?
 
Have a Blessed day everyone.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...