Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The Detergent Commercial

   Remember those 50's commercials where everyone looked perfect and dressed perfect . Not a hair out of place . It showed an immaculate housewife doing laundry . Everything was just perfect . Even her whites were glow in the dark white ! Unfortuantely , that kind of life doesn't exist . Or maybe , it's fortunate . It might become boring .
   Everyone's life seems so much better than the one we are leading right now . Even I need a small reminder of what I have . I'm sure there are people who think my life is something to be jealous of and may wish it for themselves . I know I look at others and think that way .
   I've read a sign at a church once that said " There's no need to keep up with the Jones's when you are keeping company with Jesus ."
    When I was young one of my favorite sayings used to be " I never want to go back because I wouldn't be who I am today ". The older I get , the more I believe that . I definitely don't want to go back and relive my life . . . . even the mistakes and failures .
    My life may not be the detergent commercial nor anyone's fantasy , but all of that made me who I am today . These experiences shaped me  as an individual , why would I want to change them ? I've always said having cancer was the best thing that ever happened to me . It made me take a long hard look at my life and make the necessary changes .
   Yes , there are times that I wish I had made a better , wiser decisions in my life . Yes , I have many regrets , like that blind date that I should have seen again , but it made me appreciate what I have now . So as I watch my friends live out their dreams , I know my time will come to live out mine .
   By the way , I've always hated whites . They are so hard to keep clean .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...