Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Hoarding Up !

     Fall is here . You can feel it in the coolness of the air . It is a time for preparation for the coming of the winter months . That's what Emily and I have been doing . . . . .preparing . Making a list of things we will need , we went shopping for a few of them .
    Hoarding up includes from medicine to facial tissues . To getting our car in working winter order to sealing our windows and doors . Stocking up on flour , pasta , toilet paper  and laundry detergent . Why the squirrel act ?
   Not only do I feel that we will have a cold winter , but I need the sanctity of my apartment . I can understand the animals that hibernate in winter to prepare for the other three seasons . I'm looking forward to the quiet solitude and seclusion .  I have no desire to be out there playing in the snow .
    Last thing , Emily and I want is to slush around in the ice and snow , doing our shopping for trash bags  . We are not one of those people who want to go sledding or skiing or throw snowballs . We want to watch from the warm , cozy living room window .
   I think , in a way , we all do that . Maybe , not to this extreme , but we go through our clothes to make sure we have gloves , socks and flannel underwear . We take our coats to the cleaners so we can sparkle in the snow . We prepare our cars and our homes . We  put away the air conditioners and bring out the heaters . We get ready . There is a little bit of the squirrel in all of us . So get out there and gather those nuts !
    Have a Blessed Week everyone .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...