Sunday, September 9, 2012

FAILURE

    Emily walked into my bedroom holding a pair of broken prescription glasses - hers . For a moment , a series of flashbacks dominated my brain . How many times have I seen this episode ?
   All she could think about was the cost of those glasses and how much it will set us back .  For the rest of the evening , she felt ridden with guilt , a complete failure . Of course , to me , it was pure nonsense because accidents happen .
   Failure has a way of ruining our good moods . It can knock out any sense of accomplishment and security that we have . This week , an opportunity at work has presented itself for a new position with more money and recognition . Am I qualified ? You better believe it . So what is the problem ? Me and my fear of failure .
   What if I don't pass the interview ? The math and the english test ? What if I don't get it ? No one likes to lose , especially me . No one wants to fail , least of all me . Nerves have set in and a fear of failure loom over me .
    Sunday is here and  a new year is before us . A new year with a new curriculum and a new set of volunteers . New volunteers that have never seen me with these children , let alone teach them . There is that failure fear again . I'm teaching a lesson I have taught now for the 4th time  . How silly is that fear !
   But ....there is the Holy Spirit whispering in my ear . Our failures are what give us the the opportunity to see God working and know His loving touch . The more you develop in Faith , the more you'll begin to realize who you are in Christ .
   Have a Blessed Week everyone .
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...