Sunday, September 16, 2012

The " Louds "

     We have new neighbors that just moved in two weeks ago . Just like the others , we have given them a nickname . We call them the
" Louds ". They are a family of four with a grade school level child and a small infant . We call them " louds " because that's just what they are . . . .. loud .
     All hours of the day and night , they are forever banging around above us . It makes no difference if it's 3 p.m. or 3 a.m. They make sure they are heard .
     Their belongings are left carelessly in the hallways and outside . They use two parking spots instead of one . They leave the doors open , even at night . Their bicycles block our storage units and doorways . They are the Louds Family .
    Emily considers them rude and inconsiderate of others . I just smile . You just have to admire their sense of freedom at doing whatever they want whenever they feel like it . Free spirited beings .
    Imagine , sleeping in or just staying in bed all day  long . You eat whatever you want without worrying how many calories you put on . No worries , no problems . You want to hang out the window and scream for no reason ? Go ahead . Freedom .Who wouldn't want all that ? ! The freedom of living your life without consequences .
    I'm thinking all this as I prepare to work overtime on a Saturday  night . I feel restricted to duty, to responsibility , to my boss and to my family . Deep down inside , we all want to be that child stomping around upstairs .
    It's only natural , we end up disliking or grumbling about people with their outlook in life . I don't want to end up muttering under my breath because of their inconsiderate ways . What good would that do ? I'm sure they feel their behavior is normal and not irksome to anyone .
     My ways may be bothersome to others here . The way I burst out laughing . . . .loudly . The way our front door gets stuck sometimes and we have to slam it shut to close . Or , like Emily says , my loud typing may have people's jaws clenched in irritation .
   I need to see the humor in all of this because I ,  definitely , do not want to become embroiled with bitterness due to these people's indifference . So , as I walk into the hallway , I will pick up the broken shards from a glass laying there . I will shut the doors and I will move the bikes when I'm passing through .
   But . . . . . .I will not feel frustration , impatience , anger nor let it ruin my day because of anyone's actions that don't hold up to my standards . That only turns to hate and I don't want to hate . The next time , your neighbor sets your teeth on edge . . . . . remember . . . . . love them back . Have a Blessed Week everyone .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...