Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Traditions

   Traditions have come to mean so much to me , especially when it comes to passing them down to my own children . When you have had to face illness or death , you start thinking about the " after " part . . . . after you are gone . To me , the best way for your memory to be honored is by continuing the traditions you've started .
   Now that Joey has a family of his own , it brings much joy to see him re-enacting some of these traditions . Like when he reads a bedtime story to Hannah or Timothy , he'll change his voice for every character . That is something he got from his own childhood . I'm glad he is doing the same with his own children . It must have been a happy memory for him and that brings me great joy to know .  
   Parenting is hard especially on a single parent because you are alone . There isn't anyone to help shoulder some of the burden . By the time the children are grown , you feel tired , worn out and wonder about all the mistakes you have done . You hope these mistakes don't hold them back in life emotionally . You know the mother gets blamed for everything .
   In my opinion , if they want to pass on some of these traditions , well , that means their childhood wasn't that bad after all . I maybe didn't get an A , but I know I did get a C+ .
   What I do miss are the traditions I once had with my children but are gone forever . I should say with my Joey in particular . Emily is still at home but Joey is married and busy making his own traditions . Yet , there are days , I wish he and I could have a re-run of what once was .
   Have a Blessed Week everyone .
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...