Sunday, September 30, 2012

God Moments Of My Life

   As October rolls around , I would love to start something a little different . In the past , I have asked each of you to share a God Moment but now , I want to share some of mine .These moments
re-affirm how much God really loves me and carries through on His promise to take care of me for as long as I love and believe in Him .
    Throughout the month , I will open up my heart to you and let you in just as you have done to me . So , let me start with a God moment of my own . . . a very old one .

GOD MOMENT :
                       My son Joey , has always wanted to be in radio since the tender age of 5 when he was presented with an old fashioned tape recorder . That tape recorder was the start of a passion to be in radio . For the next 10 yrs. or more , he would follow me around with a fake microphone asking me what caller I was .  He grew up and became an on air personality .
                     Years later , believe my shock , when he announces to me that he is leaving his current profession with full benefits and full pay , to pursue a calling of becoming a part-time Youth Pastor in a small town of Farmer City . A Youth Pastor paying a 1/4 of his salary . It may have been a little bit more money , I don't quite remember .
                     Farmer City ? Where is that ? What are you going to live on ? Being on the radio was all he ever wanted to be . What has happened ? As a mother , I was worried , especially with him living five hours away .
                    That was a time , when  my Women's Group was studying the Psalms of Ascent . I remember coming to church that Sunday and opening up my Bible to these Psalms since I had time to read before the service started . My page flew open to Psalm 91 and when I came to verse 14 , my worries disappeared . It read :
     Because you love me , I will rescue you ,
     I will protect you because you know my name .
     When you call to me , I will answer you .
     I will be with you when you are in trouble .
    I will save you and honor you .
    I will satisfy you with a long life .
    I will show you how I will save you .
               I knew then , that everything would be okay . Because Joey was a believer , I knew God would always take care of him . Where is he now ? He is married , a therapist , a college counselor , still does some radio a few times a week , but most of all he is an Associate Pastor and last year he preformed the Wedding Ceremony of his cousin Kathy . I should also mention that his salary is pretty good , too .
Have a Blessed Week everyone .
                       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...