Friday, September 21, 2012

Where Are The Sistas ?

       I'm a middle child with two brothers . It's no small wonder that I've always desired a sister . I can remember pleading with my mom for a sister well into my adulthood . It wasn't meant to be .
       Sisters have always been protrayed as " two peas in a pod " type of relationship . Their connection one of telepathic proportions , might as well be siamese twins . They 're qualities involve reading each other's thoughts . Whether it was in movies or books or greeting cards , sisters have always been protrayed as an one of a kind relationship that no one can break .
     Okay , so where are these sistas ? I don' t mean to be cynical  but I don't know of any sisters that have that kind of relationship . The ones I do know are either fighting or in constant competition with each other . So where are those saint-like sistas ? I'm sure there are some out there . The sistas , I know with that kind of relationship are usually not related but best friends .
    One of my neighbors , has a set of girls a mere 9 - 10 months apart . . . regular Irish twins . I watch them walk to school together . I watch them walk around my building with a group of friends . In fact , they are never apart . I wonder , if they are always together because they chose to be or did their mother make them .
  I know , I'm upsetting a whole bunch of you . I'm sure there are  many great sister teams , I just haven't seen any , so please don't be upset with me . To me , it's like the Brady Bunch . Where did this family come from ? Even the Duggars have their problems .
   The protrayal that the industry proclaims is not believable . The truth is just too ugly . A little dose of truth ? Could we handle it ? Probably not . Now that I have upset you . . . . . .I'm leaving . Have a Blessed Week  everyone .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...