Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Nosy Me

    I have become my own worst enemy . Have you ever experienced that moment of realization that you have become something you never thought possible . Something that you disliked very much in others . I'll become a nosy parker ! Yep , that's me .
    Last night , across the street , an ambulance came , a fire truck and a couple of police cars . Streets were closed off . Red and blue lights flashing everywhere , I run to the window . Yes , who knew I could run . My face peering out , I anxiously tried to assess the situation , calling out to Emily the " latest " .
     " Mom , why are you so nosy ? Every little sound , you're at that window ."
    I stopped in my tracks and looked at her . What ? Me ? Lord , what has happened to me ? What have I become ? I'm a busybody ! A nosy parker !
    And she is right . Sitting at my desk , trying to figure out just exactly when this started . Maybe , I always was like this and just refused to see it ? I couldn't possibly be this way . Why is it so hard for us to really see ourselves ?
   Why ? Because it's much easier to lie to ourselves than to face our flaws . My flaw is my nosiness . I may not start gossip or speak badly of people BUT I am a people watcher . I want to know what is going on  . I'm nosy .
   All day , I became painfully aware of just how nosy I really am . Every noise that came from the outside , I jumped up ready to push aside that curtain . But thanks to the great daughter that I have , she pointed that fact out to me . Where would I be without her ?!
   Needless to say , I was on my best behavior for the rest of the day . How long this will last I'm not sure but if I know myself , I will pick up where I left off in the morning .
   Have a Blessed Week everyone .

1 comment:

  1. How else can we save the world if we don't even know what's going on out there...?! Women are like cats - innately curious! I think men are too, but they hide it better! In any case, happy watching. If this is your worst flaw, count your blessings! :)

    ReplyDelete

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...