Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Rightful Bucket List

   A few months back , I shared my bucket list with all of you . I even crossed off a few things . Then my bucket list just sort of "froze " . It seems it will take awhile until I'm able to cross off the things on my bucket list . I still want to accomplish them but it's taking alot slower than I thought . In the movies , people cross them off like snapping their fingers .
   After reading Ann Voscamp's bucket list , my head hung in shame . Her list included giving thanks and helping others . What does mine include ? Mine is all about ME . My needs and my wants . How telling is that ?
    Oh , how I wish , I was at her level spiritually but I know I'm not there yet . No , I will not think this way . My shame and disappointment quickly disappeared . She is where she is and I can only look up to her . She is what I want to aspire to be . I will not diminish ( love that word and use it alot ) what I have achieved so far . My Joe is a therapist and I've had free therapy whether I wanted it or not .
   Whenever , I spoke to Joe about a problem and I would start comparing to the other person , he would say . . .. .
   " I don't want to hear about their life , I want to hear about yours . Stop comparing yourself to them . You're only looking for failure that way ."
    ......And he is right . My bucket list is what it is because of where I am at right now . It will change as I change not because someone made me change . My list , of course , is different then hers because it is mine . It represents me  and who I am . That sounds good , doesn't it ?
  Have a Blessed Week everyone .
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...