Monday, September 17, 2012

A Red Delicious

   Pushing the grocery cart through the aisles at the fruit market , I look for sales . Coming upon the apple stands , I spot the most beautiful Red Delicious Apple ever ! An apple we all have seen in the hands of the Evil , Wicked Stepmother of Snow White . In those movies , the apple is perfectly shaped  and unmarred in any way . The color red is a red that only exists in the movies . . . . . until this morning .
  Picking up the apple , I turn it over in my hands , admiring it from all angles . The beauty .  . . . the color  . . . the smooth , shiny texture . I've never seen one like this before . I'm completely enthralled by what I see .
     Now , these apples  sit in my bowl upon my kitchen table , I somehow , can't bring myself to eat them just yet . I want to admire them awhile longer . I wish I had them two weeks ago when I taught my Creation lesson . What a perfect example of what God can create .
   The Creation . . . . .one of the easiest lessons . . . . God created everything that is good . He created this beautiful , perfect apple and yet , it sat there unnoticed by anyone . 
   In this world , we only see the bad and forget all the " good " that is out there . A great cup of coffee , a perfect sunset , a beautiful flower . Did anyone notice today God's beauty around us ? All here for us to enjoy and take pleasure in . Believe me , it took cancer to invade my body and my life before I took the time to notice this beautiful world God created for us .
    Even at my work , a place where I struggle so much , I look up in the parking lot and see the most gorgeous sunrise  in beautiful shades of reds . Thank you , Jesus , for a little splash of color on a dreary night .
    Have a Blessed and admiring week everyone .

1 comment:

  1. I love this! "What a Wonderful World..." to quote Satchmo. Indeed! P.S. I love red delicious apples! They are yummy, aren't they?!

    ReplyDelete

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...