Thursday, September 27, 2012

Be Still

  Coming in to work last night , I discovered we all had to update our e-mail accounts with a new system . Setting it up for an update  , I realized my computer would be down for a whole forty minutes ! Forty minutes is a long time to be without a resource that is needed to run a business . Staring at the screen , I grew impatient by the minute waiting for this update to be over . This little upset caused a huge delay in my daily routine .
   Being still is not a strong point of mine . Usually , by the time I'm finally still , that's when all the chips are down and everything has fallen apart . I always have this desire to help things along instead of just letting things progress at their own level . Usually , my interference makes things worse .
   Opening my new e-mail , I came across the posting of that position I'm applying for . It's been almost a month and still no news or interviews . All that has been happening is alot of bragging and name dropping from some of the people involved . To my shame , I have started believing all that gossip and crap . Started getting embroiled in Much Ado About Nothing .
   It's so hard for us to come down to earth , isn't it ? Walking out of work this morning , I felt  depleted and confused , not knowing what I should believe anymore . It's time to be still and let things be . Let God take care of business .
   I have no idea why I let myself believe otherwise . One of my favorite verses happens to be " Be still and know I am God " and yet , I constantly am doing the opposite . I am my own worst enemy . I keep telling myself how I want to reach a level of complete trust in God  and yet , here I am , again , messing things up instead of leaving it to Him .
    So , here I am being quiet . . . .  .for once . Have a Blessed Week everyone .
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...