Monday, July 23, 2012

Linda On My Mind

      Seeing Linda at church with her family has brought on so many emotions within me that for the first time since starting this blog , I can't write .
      Linda's cancer is spreading and right now it has spread to both her lungs . She is starting , yet again , a new chemo . I can't keep track of how many she has had already . I can't even comprehend how very tired she must be . . . . . how worn out her body must be . . . . . the pain , the side effects .
      I stood there and watched her daughter cry , her husband choking back tears and Linda , my Linda , crying in despair . I joined her and I held her and I didn't want to let her go .
      She says to me ," People are praying and it's not working . What does God want from me ? "
     What am I to say ? How do I comfort her ? What can I do ? There are no words . I just hold on to her  and cry .
      She and I have been a pair like peas and carrots throughout our cancers. We have been through this together 5 years ago and now . I am so devastated . Like a part of me is in her .
      I can't stop thinking about her . I can't write . I have rewritten today's blog over and over again . I can't stop crying . Please keep praying for her and her family .

1 comment:

  1. My heart cries with you, Lottie. There really aren't words to describe the depth of pain she and her family are going through. Heart wrenching. You are all in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...