Saturday, July 7, 2012

Not A Full House

  One of Emily's favorite show has been Full House . She has all the DVD'S of all the seasons . She can recite by heart any episode . To her , they are the perfect family and she believes this is  how a family should behave . No matter , how many times I have tried to explain that this is a fairytale and not real life , she firmly believes a family like that really exists .
   We all have that ideal family whether it's the Brady Bunch or Leave It To Beaver . We all have our own versions of what we think a family should entail .
  I have learned alot about my family these past few days spent with them . I'm sure the feeling is likewise concerning me . I'm sure they were glad to see the back of me for awhile . I know I was tired . I have no idea how they do it or at least , I have forgotten how it was to have small children . I know I certainly feel for both my brothers who have small ones at home .
  Families are work . For majority of my children's childhood , I was a single mom  so I only have a single parent version in my head . Sitting back , I watched Aubs and my son , in their family unit . One made dinner , the other cleaned up . I was happy to see the sharing of household duties even though , mom still bears more of the responsibilities . Children , just naturally , need mom more .
  I was transported back in time  watching my "past self " mothering Joe and Emily . I saw myself in Aubs . We are alot alike in our mothering skills . Hannah and Tim are identical to Joe and Emma . What is it about siblings that they have a need to bicker and fight over everything .
   Hannah flits like a butterfly from flower to flower sprinkling everything in her path with fairy dust . Yes , she has tantrums . Yes , she fights with her brother . All that disappears as quickly as the fairy dust .
  Tim has a mind like a sponge absorbing everything he can in as little time as possible . He likes to be challenged and already as a young man he sets very high standards for himself . Tim is 9 going on 20 . He has tantrums , too  . Yes , he picks on his sister .
  I love them with all their little quirks ! As much as Iwanted a cup of coffee in peace , alone on the patio , I miss their little heads poking through the sliding door asking if I would play a game of skippo . The cup of coffee can wait . There will be many mornings for that but not too many mornings with a young Tim and Hannah .
  Have a Blessed Week everyone .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...