Tuesday, July 3, 2012

These Tired Old Bones

  All the way back to Springfield , I felt the tiredness of vacationing in my bones . Don't we always say how we need a vacation from our vacation ? I think we all were feeling that except the kids , of course . They're never tired . They could be going like the pink bunny without the batteries !
  It seemed like we were home in a flash . I'm the only one who thought that . Joe and Aubs were exhausted . Having a vacation with children is tiring .
  A friend from work actually goes on two vacations every year . Every summer , he takes his family to a beach and on his anniversary , it's just him and his wife  for a week .
  No matter how great of a time you were having , you miss your bed , your favorite recliner . You miss your daily routine of life .  I asked them what would they do first upon returning home ?
  Shouts of " I want to play my WII " or " alone time " or " sitting in my purple recliner ." We all have our " thing " that we like to do . Since no electronics were allowed on this trip , I truly missed my blog , my computer , my Netflix etc .
  When we finally arrived to the house there was a call for a 30 minute 'decompress time ." I immediately  rushed to the laptop and logged into Facebook . When the children went to bed ( which they  didn't want to do ) I  turned on the television . I'm such a bad influence . How can they be good with me around ?
  The next morning was the first time that everyone wanted to sleep in . All week long , we were up at crack of dawn ready to start the day . The one morning we needed to be up early to drop me off at the station and no one wanted to get up . It's as if all the tiredness we kept pushing aside finally caved in on us and we were bone tired . That cup of coffee never tasted as good or was needed as much as that morning . Vacation was over and we felt it in our tired old bones .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...