Sunday, July 1, 2012

The Annoying Orange

   Having decided to spend only two days at the Theme / Water Park , plans were made to make the most of the last day . Another hot , searing day was ahead of us . After lunch , I decided to stay behind as they bravely went forth into the heat ! God Bless them !
    Coming back pretty late , the children came armed with stuff toys they won playing games . One of them was the Annoying Orange which came with a button that you pressed and out came an annoying version of jokes and sounds . Remember Fred from Youtube ? Put all of that into an orange and add a grotesque mouth . This , apparently , is the " new fad " of the year .
   Once you have small children around , you instantly become aware of all the new , hot fads out there . I learned alot these past few days . Everything comes with a scannable tag which you can scan with your phone for a special video from the brand maker . Even at Wendy's , you can scan their burger to see a video on how the perfect burger is made . The kids apparently go nuts over this . I know , Tim  and Hannah , love these scan tags .
    So what was on The Annoying Orange's tag ? It  came with an even more annoying video . There was a Pesterfest with Fred from Youtube . Put some earplugs in when  you watch this video .
   I tried to think back to some other annoying fads in my time but only came up with one . I have always hated Elmo . That screechy voice of his drove me nuts . When " tickle me Elmo "came out  it was like nails on a blackboard for me . I still can't stomache Elmo . No grandchild of mine will have an Elmo doll . I will secretly throw it out  and lie that I have no idea what happened to it . Yes , lie !
  I do know that we , as grandparents , buy alot of these annoying toys for our grandchildren . I like to think of it as payback for all those times when he didn't listen .
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...