Sunday, July 8, 2012

The Hurt And The Healer

  On my way to Church this morning , I found myself saying a small prayer of thanks . Thanking Him for the opportunity to be able to come to Church and worship Him . Yes , the opportunity . Being a Sunday School teacher , I'm rarely able to hear the message . Most of my Sundays are spent with the children .
   During the service , I realized just how hungry I have been for the Word of God . You can spend everyday reading the Bible or Devotionals at home , but it doesn't compare to actually being there in person to worship . At home , we have distractions  and interruptions . Church provides an one on one personal experience with Jesus .
   I was a fool to think I could get by with my own reading at home . I need Church ! My heart was full of yearning . My heart was hurting . I just didn't realize how much until this morning at Church .
  When the Pastor called for an altar call , I didn't hesitate . I ran . I knelt down , bad knee and all and poured my heart out to Him .
  I prayed for Emily and her future mate . I prayed for Joe and Aubs.  I prayed for the grandkids , but most of all , I prayed for myself . I prayed that God would use my hands for His Glory . That whatever I made with my hands would provide a Blessing  or healing or a relationship with Christ . I prayed for my St. Jude Ministry and that it would not be wasted but a Blessing . I prayed that this blog would bring comfort to people . Use me , Lord . Use whatever talents I have for Your good .
  One of my favorite songs happens to be " The Hurt And The Healer " by MercyMe . Today , I was the Hurt as I walked into Church . I walked out cleansed and renewed by the Healer . Even now as I write , tears fill my eyes and I start to cry because I am nothing without Him . Everything I have and everything  I am is because of Him .
  I feel for people who don't believe in God . I wish I could show them what He can do in their lives . How their heart can feel full and complete by knowing Him . I hope , that you too , will know Him as I do . Have a Blessed Week everyone .
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...