Sunday, July 29, 2012

An Honest Conversation

  The best conversations are the unexpected ones . The ones that we don't hold back on but truly , truly show our  emotions and our heart . I had one of these conversations with Linda the other day .     
   With Linda , I can be honest . I can tell her things about my disease that I can't tell other people . She knows how I feel , how I hurt and what I mean . She has walked in my shoes . She still keeps walking in those shoes .
  My call to her was a God moment . I called her at a time when she was feeling a little depressed . Sitting on her couch with her husband , watching their granddaughter asleep , my call was unexpected but needed . I just didn't realize how much .
  Without knowing , I lifted her spirit . Without knowing , I pulled her out of that depressing pit . Whatever she was feeling , my conversation with her , pulled that disgusting negativeness out of her . I believe , her consciousness was  awaiting my call .
   My general purpose for calling her was to invite her to church this Sunday . This call took on a much different meaning as it unfolded . It was obvious  that God 's intentions were for me to specifically be the one to speak with her .
   Since Linda and I are close , the Associate Pastor's wife , asked me to make sure Linda made it to church this Sunday . With her new chemo starting , she might not be able to come . My job was to make that happen . Why , you ask ? A surprise was in the works . I can't speak of it yet because it's today .
   Last thing I wanted was to lie to her  but I certainly didn't want her to know the truth . What can I say to her then ? I believe that God put the next thought into my head . I told her that we , as a congregation , wanted to pray over her at church this coming Sunday and we wanted her and her family to be there even if it was to be for a few minutes .
  Linda cried  , saying that she has been praying to God that we would all pray over her . She was definitely coming ! She was putting on her makeup and her wig because she wanted to look her best this Sunday .
  As I hung up the phone , I realized the real reason God made sure I made that call . It wasn't about an invitation to church  but an invitation to her heart's desire . It all started with an honest conversation  . Have a Blessed Week  everyone .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...