Sunday, April 17, 2016

The Overnight Bag

                                                    Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                    Everyday is a journey.

One thing I've learned in my journey is that a well supplied overnight/chemo bag is a major necessity. This tote bag holds all the bare essentials that every chronic illness patient could ever need. I've had mine now almost since the very beginning. 

I received my first overnight bag from Phil's Friends, an organization that passes out these bags to cancer patient via mail or hospital visits. A friend of mine (Karen) volunteers over there regularly and placed me on the mailing list.

The other day I took it out of it's regular hiding space to make sure to replenish any stock I might need for my hospital stay. Going through the contents brought back some memories, both good and sad. Some of the things inside I've had since the very beginning like my crossword puzzles. The pages have actually turned yellow!

So what is inside? Well, don't forget I've used this for my chemo infusions so it does vary a tiny bit from a hospital stay. 
1. a book for reading
2. a bible for my bible study
3. a notepad 
4. some pens
5. a collection of crosswords and assorted puzzles
6. toiletries such as lotion, deodorant, shampoo, conditioner.
7. makeup case
8. my phone (can access my emails and podcasts)
9. comfortable jammies (hospital gown the first nite only)
10. some yarn

Of course, if I was going for chemo I wouldn't need my jammies nor my shampoo. I would add in some water and few snacks so I wouldn't go hungry. I do plan on keeping myself busy and entertained. Either way it goes, you will be there for a while. 

Have a Blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...