Tuesday, April 26, 2016

First Impressions

                  
                                          Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

Have you ever had a moment where you wish you could redo? I've had plenty of them! This morning was one of those mornings where I've added to that list. 

I get up pretty early (around 6:45a.m.) on a good day. This morning I had a purpose so I made sure I had an early start. We have eight units in this building and one washer/dryer for everyone. If I don't get up this early and run downstairs with a load of laundry, I can forget about doing laundry. I only have the morning to do anything before rushing off to work. 

So I jump out of bed, grab my bathrobe and don't even bother combing my hair or doing my face. For the next two hours, I'm running up and down the stairs, doing one load after another. All this still in my bathrobe, slippers, no makeup and messy uncombed hair, which by the way was standing up!

On my last run, I'm folding my laundry and here walks in my landlady that I have never met only her husband. She's here waiting for the Village inspector to do his walk through of the building. I looked like crap! I was so embarrassed that I didn't even bother finishing the folding, just grabbed the clothes and ran upstairs. 

Of all the times for us to finally meet, did it have to be when I looked like a dishrag? I wasn't even dressed! This is what happens when one lives in an apartment. All the tenants see your shame. One cannot hide in their "home" wearing their boxers. Here the entire building sees you in your pajamas. It's one big slumber party!

Besides, I don't want her to think I lounge around in my pj's all morning doing nothing, especially when she was dressed nicely looking great!

Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...