Wednesday, April 13, 2016

FIFO

                                                        Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                        everyday is a journey.

--Algernon Charles Swinburne

Organization has always been a love of mine and yet, I've struggled to maintain order all of my life. Over the years, I've tried different methods which would work for awhile. Then the mess would stock pile up again. I would become frustrated with myself for not being able to maintain the organization I so longed for. 

Since I seem to have all this time on my hands now, I've decided to tackle some of this mess. My desk is constantly cluttered with papers and such. It's no wonder since I do have a Ministry and this blog. Besides, everyone gets mail. 

I do have to admit that this new method of mine seems to be working out much better than all of the others. New meaning in the last six months or so. I've decided to use a method that is well known in the manufacturing world as FIFO. It actually stands for first in, first out. You always use the ingredients, components etc of the earliest date of production first. 

I apply this very method to all my work here at home. I have two stacks on a shelf. One labelled "IN" and another labelled "out".  I think you get the gist of what I'm saying or how it works. It actually works pretty well. I take care of all the oldest issues first and if I get behind, I don't feel overwhelmed at all. 

Let's see how long this method lasts before I tire of it. Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...